How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed Bankruptcy Por Se as directed by a company called Sign

Resolved Question:

I filed Bankruptcy Por Se as directed by a company called Sign here and I had a meeting of the credtitors today. I was told they could not do my case today because they did not receive my info as needed(bank statement, tax return, proof of income). I worked and got payed cash on my jobs so I have no proof of income, I cleaned houses and sat with the elderly when needed.I can supply bank statements but I have to get the tax return from my husband( he is not filing with me). The Bankruptcy Trustee who is from a Law office told me to get a lawyer. I did this Pro Se because I didn't have money for a lawyer. Now that I need one will a lawyer take my case since I already filed and I also did the required Debtor Education classes?
                                &nb sp;                              [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 8 years ago.
You can still get a lawyer. Some local attorneys will charge you a smaller fee to file the necessary updates and help you with the case. You don't need a lawyer, even though one was suggested, although it can help. You can show the trustee a letter from employer stating income, or you can fill out an income statement and have it notarized (under oath) saying the income received was true. You need to send in 60 days of pay advices or other proof of income, as well as the last 4 years of the tax returns. Check at the bankruptcy court, they may have a help desk for pro-se filers.
Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions