Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My only income is permanent Social Security Disability.

My only income is "permanent" Social Security Disability. Would like to use the "cash for clunkers program", using gas guzzler cars as down payments.

However, all credit cards are now in collections. But no liens have been placed on me; that I know of. Total credit card debt, about $ 9-12,000. I can not file bankruptcy at this time.

1. Can I legally buy this New Car, if a dealer will ok the finance?

2. And is their any way, that any of the credit card companies or collection people, force me to sell this new car, or in any other way con-fics-skate, this new car?

Response 1: Yes, you can.

Response 2: No, because you really do not own the car. The auto finance company owns the car until you pay off the car loan and then the title is transferred to you.