How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im filing Chapter 7 in Hawaii but most of my info is in CA.

Customer Question

I'm filing Chapter 7 in Hawaii but most of my info is in CA. I have been in Hawaii for the required 180 days. I went on line and got copies of my credit report. The credit reports truncate the account number. Obviously the entire number would be best but I don't have access to them. Will the truncated number be enough or will I need to have the full account number? If not what's the best way to acquire the original number
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 8 years ago.
Usually you only need to have the creditors' names, addresses and the last 4 digits of the account numbers. Please click "ACCEPT" so I can get credit for my work. If needed, we can continue our conversation after this at no additional charge.
Maverick and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you.
I have another question. What is the process?
Expert:  Maverick replied 8 years ago.
The best way for you to do this with out an attorney and cost effectively is to go to the local book store and get a book titled "How to file for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" put out by the Nolo Press for about 20 bucks. It will have the forms and will walk you through the steps one by one.