How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17248
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in the middle of an advesary proceedin to discharge student

This answer was rated:

I am in the middle of an advesary proceedin to discharge student loans pro se. One defendant California Student Aid Commission transfered the loan to Ed Cred Mangment Corp. who filed a motion to change defendents. I have to answer. What would be an objection? and should I really care? If I don't show for hearing will I risk dismissal?
you should file an answer, basically objecting to their motion, either way it really does not matter the court will usually grant the motion, that is the only thing that would happen if you do not show up, but since you are pro se, I would show up to all hearings and motions to make sure the court has received your documents and if needed you can make an oral argument is support of your positions
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what would be the basis of my answer?
deny it, stating it is improper and prejudice to you that they changed ownership in the middle of the case
WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions