How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2889
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed bankruptcy back in september 2006. I have not filed

Resolved Question:

I filed bankruptcy back in september 2006. I have not filed my 2006, 2007,2008 taxes yet. The IRS wants to dismiss my case and convert from chapter 11 to chapter 7. What can I do in this case
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 8 years ago.
You can file the tax returns. If there is a motion, you can request the court for a short continuance. Otherwise, the court may convert your case to chapter 7 liquidation.
If you were not required to file tax returns for those years, you can file an affidavit with the court in response as well.
Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you