How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can I stop a sherriffs eviction on my property

Resolved Question:

how can I stop a sherriff's eviction on my property?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

You stated that you have a bankruptcy open. If you have a current bankruptcy open, you can stop the eviction temporarily with a "Suggestion of Bankruptcy".

You will need to file a "Suggestion of Bankruptcy" in the eviction.

Here is the form that you will require to do so:

In addition to, but not in lieu of, you can telephone the sheriff's office and inform them of the bankruptcy. They may request that you the Suggestion of Bankruptcy.

Typically your lawyer would have done this for you.
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you