Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am under a lot of stress due to filing bankruptcy , on bed

Customer Question

I am under a lot of stress due to filing bankruptcy , on bed rest due to pregnancy and trying to handle this and I have basicly jumped into it. My lawyer is stressing me out. I filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy.The petition has just been filed. I got some cash advances to consolidate bills but I got further into debt. I also forgot to add closed saving accounts, payments I made to creditors and I worked 11 days since November 2008. Can I add all of these to my petition an it not be a problem. I am stressing please help!!
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 years ago.
Yes, you can amend your petition to add the items that you forgot to list initially. For closed bank accounts, you only need to list them if they are closed within one year prior to your filing for bankruptcy.