How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2889
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will be moving to Germany on 6/10/09. How do I file bankruptcy

Customer Question

I will be moving to Germany on 6/10/09. How do I file bankruptcy from Germany
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 8 years ago.
Technically, to file in Florida, you would have 90 days to still file from when you move, before you establish a new jurisdiction. You can ask the court to hold a telephonic hearing, where you do your 341 meeting by phone. Some will allow this based on necessity.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Terry L.


Thank you- can you file my bankruptcy for me?

Expert:  Terry L. replied 8 years ago.
Sorry, no. I practice in Chicago area only. Do a google search for a local bankruptcy attorney in your city. Good Luck.