How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 19491
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello, i have been under workers comp for over a year. I have

Customer Question

hello, i have been under worker's comp for over a year. I have credit card company filed a civil suit in court against me. I live in the state of georgia provides protection from worker's comp wages from garnishment. My question is should i seek legal counsel or just get medical records and doctor statements to show the court. I do not anthing but several cars valued at $8000.00 total. I have only $1500.00 in the bank. Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 years ago.

It is always a good idea to have legal counsel. However you can obtain copies of your medical records and doctor's statements to show to the Court.

You also need to make sure that you answer the lawsuit because some of the things the credit card company may say in the lawsuit may not be accurate. You need to file an answer to the complaint so that you can point this out to the Court.

Here is a good web site, which has lots of information on defending a collection lawsuit:

Phillips Esq. and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you atty. phillips, i will ask for you in the future. i don't know your first intial, i don't know if i need it to ask for you in the future. Thanks.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 years ago.
Thank you.

Kindly address your future questions to Attn: AttorneyPhillips. You do not need my middle initial, which is "M" to post questions to my attention. You can just go to my profile and click on "AttorneyPhillips" and then post your question.

Goodluck with your case.