How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2667
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do if my spouse, whom Im legally separated filed

Customer Question

What can I do if my spouse, whom I'm legally separated filed bankruptcy Chapter 7 on my auto loan and obtained credit cards in my name without my consent and knowledge?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 8 years ago.

Need a clarification please:


1. was her name on the auto note and who was made responsible for the auto note in the separation agreement?


2. how long have you be separated and was it done in writing;


3. were the credit cards opened after you separated or before (i.e. w/o your knowledge)

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Her name was note on the or title.


11 months legally and 2 1/2 years living apart


Opened after leaving the home for 2/12 years and 2 were during legal separation

Expert:  Maverick replied 8 years ago.

Lets talk about the auto loan first. If she is not on the title and not on the note of the car, then she would have not way of filing bankruptcy on it. Are you saying that she just told the court the car and the note were hers and filed BK? I feel like I am missing something. Also how do you knwo that she filed BK on the car?