How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed bankruptcy on feb 2007 and was discharged june 07 I

Resolved Question:

I filed bankruptcy on feb 2007 and was discharged june 07 I did a reafirmation on my car. I wanted to know can I ammend my bankruptcy to include my car now. cause i can't afford to pay for it.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 8 years ago.

Not likely that you could amend the 7 but you can file a chapter 13 now and force the creditors into working with you on the car payments. It is called a cramdown provision.


Please click ACCEPT so I can get credit for my work. We can continue our conversation after this at no additional charge.

Maverick and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you