How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how long do you have after the sale date of your home do you

This answer was rated:

how long do you have after the sale date of your home do you have to move in Texas


I am happy to assist you.

Consider filing a new Chapter 13.

A Chapter 13 bankruptcy would immediately stop the foreclosure action. It would permit you to set up a plan to reinstate your mortgage arrearages. In other words, it could allow you to pay the arrearage over a 5 year period.

You would need to retain an attorney. If this is not possible, you can file the petition yourself. Simply purchase the forms and file them prior to the sale.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,

Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions