How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 19285
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been on permanent disability since last year, cant

This answer was rated:

I have been on permanent disability since last year, can't work, and can't pay my credit-cards. Can they garnish my disability payments?
What state are you in?

What kind of disability payments are you receiving? Specific program names will be very helpful in addressing your concerns.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

state of California. Disability payment form Social Security

Your social security disability payments are exempt from garnishment pursuant to California Civil Procedure Code Section 703.140(b)(10)(c).
Phillips Esq. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you