Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Sate of Illinois, 1) I am on WC and thinking about chapter

Sate of Illinois,   1) I am on WC and thinking about chapter 7, How will my finial compensation play into this?   2) With being on WC & FMLA am I required to use up my vacation/personal days prior to recieving
comp. from W.C.?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 8 years ago.
With a chapter 7, you have to disclose all income during the 6 months prior to filing. If you got a large vacation pay, you may have to time the filing to qualify for the chapter 7 if you push above the median income and don't pass the means test. Unemployment may count towards the budget test as well, but there is some caselaw out there saying it isn't, but not in IL so that is a small risk. Give me a call, as I practice in IL, and we'd be happy to give you a free consultation about your case.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No phone # XXXXX to contact you!
Expert:  Terry L. replied 8 years ago.
sorry!(edited for privacy, chase - mod)