How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Filed chap.7,Jan. 12,09 341 hearing Feb. 19,09 losing mortgaged

This answer was rated:

Filed chap.7,Jan. 12,09 341 hearing Feb. 19,09 losing mortgaged home through US Bank, in chap. 7 bankrutcy. When can I move?

Before the lender can evict you, the lender must ask the bankruptcy court for permission to proceed. Once that permission is granted in the form of "Relief from Automatic Stay", the lender will then be able to proceed with the foreclosure and subsequent eviction. You can move anytime between now and then.
Ellen and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you