Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Ive been going to a certain place to help me with my bankruptcy

I've been going to a certain place to help me with my bankruptcy case. It's been almost 2 years now and my case has not been filed. How long does it usually take for a case like that to go through? I've asked for my money back and said I don't want anything to do with them. They ignore me. Can I take them to court.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 years ago.

Something is wrong. You should find another place to file your bankruptcy case. It takes days and sometimes hours to file a bankruptcy case once the attorney has received all information necessary to file a bankruptcy case.

Go to lawyers.com, attorneypages.com, bankruptcyaction.com, justia.com. These sites all have list of attorneys that are capabable of handling your bankruptcy case for you.