Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

my mom bought a furniture on layaway from a furniture store,

Customer Question

my mom bought a furniture on layaway from a furniture store, she has been paying it monthly, she made the final payment and december and was supposed to have her furniture delivered to her, but the company went bankrupt and are not delivering the furniture or giving the money back, what are her rights as a creditor/consumer?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.
She needs to file a "proof of claim" with the bankruptcy court. These forms and instructions can be found online. It is likely that she'll be allowed to take possession of her furniture, but the bankruptcy court will have to approve the transfer. Thus, your mom will have to file a motion with the bankruptcy court.

She should try and have an attorney file this for her to make sure it is done correctly.   
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you for your help, you are awesome
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.
No problem and good luck!