How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a civil judgement for $8000 against an individual living

Resolved Question:

I have a civil judgement for $8000 against an individual living in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. I live about 250 miles away. How can I find out if this person has any assets (real or personal) I can attach?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 8 years ago.
You can request a hearing in court, called a citation to discover assets in the court where you obtained the judgment. It will request the debtor to provide information about assets (homes, bank accounts etc, and income they are receiving). Each state has a list of exemptions to protect some assets from judgment.
Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions