How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2900
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to file bankruptcy and want to include a couple of pieces

Resolved Question:

I need to file bankruptcy and want to include a couple of pieces of property in the filing (timeshares). Is this possible?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 8 years ago.
You can surrender your interest in these timeshares.
They usually will send you a deed in lieu of foreclosure, whereby you can just sign it over to the lender. The balance will be discharged in a chapter 7
Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you