How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a car a fresh start program, and due to the fact i

Resolved Question:

I bought a car a fresh start program, and due to the fact i was in the process of filing bankruptcy they put it in my fathers name. I put 2500 cash down on the 8999$ veh. the dealership is saying after 8 months I still owes 8500, canthe turn the car back into them with out them suing him?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Did your father sign the loan?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
they mailed it to him and he signed it and mailed it back to them
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Unfortunately if you or your father do not pay the loan, the lender can obtain a deficiency judgment against your father for the amount left unpaid. Sorry.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so theres nothing I can do for them not taking off the 2500 cash down or anything
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

That is a different matter. Without turning the car in,you can bring an action for the lender to account for the payments.
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you