How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask johngibson15219 Your Own Question
johngibson15219, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 159
Experience:  Admitted to Pennsylvania Bar 1980. I'm familiar with the new law.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
johngibson15219 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

the is a blaance owing on a vehicle that no longer runs and

Customer Question

the is a blaance owing on a vehicle that no longer runs and hasent for over 8 months. my daughter is the regestered owner but not the title holder. she called ford motor to have them tow it away, they wont and told her she needs to pay off the balance(under $800.00) to get the title. she dosent know what to do . she is low income and disabled.this vehicle was in bankrupcy procedings about 4 years ago.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  johngibson15219 replied 8 years ago.
If she was in a Bankruptcy 4 years ago and kept the vehicle she probably reaffirmed the debt. In order to get the title she would have to pay the remaining amount due. If she is on disability and has no money, Ford may repossess the vehicle but she will still owe the difference between the value of the vehicle and the amount due under the contract as reaffirmed or modified in her bankruptcy proceeding.

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions