How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2002, I needed to file for bankruptcy. This was not what

Customer Question

In 2002, I needed to file for bankruptcy. This was not what I wanted to do, I needed to. After my case was final, i went back to my creditors and reconfirmed my loans and im still paying on them in good standing. I have came a long way and im doing real well. I now have a 16,000.00 loan and I am paid ahead by three payments. I have paid loans off early and trying real hard to do well. I was a police officer for the last 10 years and Chief of police for the last four years. I retired for a better paying job in a corporation. Could you please tell me how I can get this bankruptcy taken off my credit report. It has now been seven years and think I paid my due for my past. Could you please help me?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Unfortunately a bankruptcy can stay on your credit report for 10 years. However, you can add a statement to the reports concerning your reaffirmed debt.