How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed bankruptcy last year and was granted the backruptcy

Resolved Question:

I filed bankruptcy last year and was granted the backruptcy but was forced to agree to buy back my 2000 Ford 150 for three times the amount of value. The payments were $345 per month for 10 months. After requesting, almost begging the trustee that I could not afford the payments and that the truck is only worth $1200 she did not care and has now filed a motion to compel debtors compliance with buyback. Can I file a response to the court and if so, what form do I use? This is my only transportation to work and back and I have already lost all my credit through bankruptcy including foreclosing on my home. This trustee will not even work with me to lower the payments
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 years ago.

Is this a Chapter 13 or 7, bankruptcy?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 years ago.

There is no form to respond to the trustee's motion. You would simply file a "plain paper pleading" stating your response and your grounds for relief. You could simply declare that payment plan is impossible for you to satisfy, and then offer something that you think you could make work. Whether or not that would move the court to modify your discharge, or just let the vehicle go to the lender/dealer is unknown.



Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking "Accept", you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

socrateaser and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your help. I will accept your answer but another question please. I own the vehicle there is no lender/dealer. Can they repo the truck? What can they do to me if they do not accept my plea

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions