Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Thank you for your previous answer. I got my discharge over

Thank you for your previous answer.
I got my discharge over 7 months ago. Does the trustee have right to access my financial information after my discharge and can he take income I earned after the discharge ( income that was NOT earned or inherited before the Bankruptcy)? My reason for asking is, my wife and I may be going on vacation, which means I will take about 800.00 out of our account. I want to make sure the trustee doesn't ask where the money is and want it.
Thanks Again.

Thank you for your follow up.

The trustee can access your financial records until the bankruptcy is closed. Income earned after discharge is not part of the bankruptcy estate and cannot be typically attached by the trustee.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE