How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31787
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid off my home but I live at my daughters house and my

This answer was rated:

I paid off my home but I live at my daughters house and my son lives in husband died last year and the house is bigger than I need and he married so I let him stay there. I pay the taxes on it can they take my home from me...I make my payments
Can who take your house?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't understand the questions the paralegal was asking me just because I live in my daughters son lives in mine and I have no other income besides the money I earn taking care of a baby 36 hours a week and during the winter and the rest of the year I get another $600.00 for attorneys office called and asked if I was paying to live here or do I receive rent from my son pays the payment in the house I am in and he lives in mine.....this house is the size and comfort I need after losing my husband.
I'm sure the attorney was asking for income purposes. You have an exemption for your home which should protect it from creditors.   
Customer: replied 8 years ago. the lawyer cannot put a lien on my property as long as I am making my payment to them right? because I have...are they looking to get my payment higher or something?
No creditor can place a lien on anything until/unless the automatic stay is lifted.

It is likely that the trustee wants to know your total source of income in order to determine your repayment plan.
Customer: replied 8 years ago. I can live where I want...and my income is the same am I required to have to get a better paying job or something? Because I don't plan on stopping the babysitting and by the time the equipment is paid off my bankruptcy contract will be paid/done
I don't think your residence has anything to do with your Ch. 13 plan. You're not required to get a better job - they'll have to work with what you have and make. It is possible that the trustee will ask to convert the case to a Ch. 7 if you can't fulfill a payment plan.
Roger and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you so much you have made me feel better for the weekend! Appreciate it!