Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I filed Bankruptcy back in 05 and paid it off early this year.

I filed Bankruptcy back in 05 and paid it off early this year. My question is I recieved a report from the office because I wanted to buy my first house. I notcied that some of my creditors did not file. Am I still obligated to pay for these after I added them in my chapter 13 and they choosed not to file?

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

If you properly added your creditors to your bankruptcy and you received a discharge in the bankruptcy, typically the debt is discharged. Exceptions would include child support and taxes. You can contact the credit reporting agencies and request that they delete the incorrect information.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
Customer/span>

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok great...I contact the 3 exp. equifax and transunion but they just keep reporting it as accurate.

Thank you for your follow up question.

Since you have contacted each of the credit reporting bureaus in writing and demanded that the erroneous information be removed, you can consider an action against the reporting companies under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. However, please bear in mind that the correct information to report would be to reflect the discharge in bankruptcy.

If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
Customer/span>