Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

If you are maxed out on your monthly expenses and over what

If you are maxed out on your monthly expenses and over what you make due to a Business bank loan that a partner filed bankruptcy on and we have to pay his part and my part on the business loan.   Can I go after him in 5 years.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

If your business partner filed a bankruptcy, properly listed the debt and received a discharge in the bankruptcy, you cannot take any action at any time to collect the debt from him.

However, if your partner is still in bankruptcy, you may be able to challenge the discharge of the debt. If you are successful in your challenge, you would be able to attempt to collect from him after the bankruptcy.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE