Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

When served with foreclosure papers do you have to sign for

Customer Question

When served with foreclosure papers do you have to sign for proof of receiving the papers and if one party listed on the papers did not see the foreclosure papers (or was not available when the papers were served) is this legal.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

Typically service is effected by delivering the papers to an adult member of the defendant's household. Thus, your post appears to indicate that service was valid.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE