How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JP Your Own Question
JP, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 109
Experience:  Represented creditors and individuals in bankruptcy and consumer matters.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
JP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having an awful time with a business out of state. I did

Customer Question

I am having an awful time with a business out of state. I did use their travel service just once, and it was just awfull. The customer service was far, far below standards. They have a 3 day cancellation policy which states that 3 days after I purchase the program I can cancell. But I am past that time. I have been treated rudely by this company, and phone calls and e-mails have not been returned. I was told today that I have signed a contract, and it cannot be broken. I feel very, very strongly that they have not provided any good customer service to me at all. They are taking $49.00 a month off my credit card, which will be for the next four years....:( Also, they told me today that they have filed for Chapter 11 Reorganization. Can I legally call my credit card company and have them stop my payments?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  JP replied 8 years ago.

You can stop payments to the company, but you will be in breach of the contract (considering you failed to cancel the contract in a timely manner).


However, since they have filed for bankruptcy they have the option to assume or reject the contract they have with you. You may want to consider contacting their bankruptcy attorneys about the situation and ask that they reject your contract. If they reject the contract then you will be relieved from any obligation to make payments under the contract. If you have not received any contact information for their attorneys, the bankruptcy court clerks can assist in providing information on the case, including contact information for the attorney. If they don't provide it directly, they should have computers in the clerks office that you can use to obtain a copy of the docket report which would have the attorneys information on it, along with a record of any and all documents filed in the case.


I hope you found this information helpful.


Best Regards.

JP and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will be in touch with their attorneys. I firmly believe they are in breach of their part of the contract to provide good customer service. Thank-you for your advice. I did not respond sooner because I was in surgery.
Thank-you for your time.
Expert:  JP replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your reply and I hope you make a full post-surgery recovery.


Best Regards.