How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask VanDLaw Your Own Question
VanDLaw, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 833
Experience:  Chapter 7 & 13
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
VanDLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owe over $100K in credit card debt and cannot afford my house

Resolved Question:

I owe over $100K in credit card debt and cannot afford my house note. I hate my job. I would like to quit my current job, live off my wife's income for 6 months, and then file chapter 7 bankruptcy, as our income would then fall under the state median. Can I?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  VanDLaw replied 8 years ago.



This can be done; however, you need to make sure that your Wife is not on the mortgage or the credit cards,or you will need to file a joint petition. If you file individually, she would then be responsible for the debt on her own.

VanDLaw and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you