How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask VanDLaw Your Own Question
VanDLaw, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 833
Experience:  Chapter 7 & 13
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
VanDLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed bankruptcy back in Oct 2003 and it is completed in

This answer was rated:

I filed bankruptcy back in Oct 2003 and it is completed in November of 2003. I had resigned with a company to pay them back a certain amount and didn't pay it all off. They used a vehicle I own as colateral and they have the title to it. I have never been contacted since Feb of 2004 for payment on this loan and they obviously have not come and repossed the vehicle for non payment. Is there a time frame that they have to give me the title back even though I have not payed the ballance off? If not is there a way to get the title back from them possibly for no payment on the loan?



They are not going to give you the title as you do not own the car because you did not finish paying off what you owed. If they did not repossess it by now, which believe it or not is becoming more and more common, they are most likely not going to waster their time. If you call them for the title you are may be resurrecting the collection effort. You could try filing a lost title with the your state, see what the requirements are for obtaining one.

VanDLaw and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you