How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Girl Your Own Question
Law Girl
Law Girl, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 4606
Experience:  I am an attorney.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Law Girl is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a time share that has gone into collection I owe $5,400

Resolved Question:

I have a time share that has gone into collection I owe $5,400 and I would like to know what is the minimum monthly payment I could make so they can't get a jugdment aginst me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question.


Absent an agreement with your creditor to accept less than the amount owed, your creditor can obtain a judgment against you at any point that you are not making the required monthly payment. Although it is probably not cost effective for them to take you to court unless you are a couple of month's delinquent, they still have the ability.


Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.


Good Luck!

Law Girl and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you