How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2661
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife & I are drowning in credit card / mortgage debt. We

Customer Question

My wife & I are drowning in credit card / mortgage debt. We have an existing loan through our 401K fidelity account for $40,000, with a balance due of $30,000. We never should have taken this loan out - it's killing us @ $850 a month re-pay. I have $200,000 that would pay all but they won't give it to us unless I quit my job. 33% tax after I quit - I know. I could take a hardship withdraw (per IRS) if I was past due on House Pmt. We are current on all Mortgages. Can I sue to get the money somehow???
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Texas Atty replied 8 years ago.
I don't see any lawsuit here. Have you considered a bankruptcy?