JP
JP, Attorney
Experience:  Represented creditors and individuals in bankruptcy and consumer matters.
11699753

Im filing bankruptcy the type I dont have to repay. My father

I'm filing bankruptcy the type I don't have to repay. My father has a loan on a vehicle that I drive, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the loan. Can his credit be affected.

No. His credit will not be affected because there will be no connection with your bankruptcy case. Only debts that have your name attached to them should be included in your bankruptcy schedules. Any debt or loan that is not included in your schedules will not be affected (ie your father's loan).

You just have to be certain that his loan (not the vehicle but the loan associated with your father's name) is not listed in your bankruptcy. If you have not listed the debt or loan in your schedules, your father will have nothing to worry about and will not be affected by your bankruptcy.

I hope you found this information helpful.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

JP

Thank you for this assitance - you have eased my father's mind. I appreciate your help.

You're very welcome.