Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

If you know if someone is be forced into bankruptcy due to

a money scam, and you...
If you know if someone is be forced into bankruptcy due to a money scam, and you know that several hundred people are affected, and they are in "line" to try and re-coup funds, can those people be found via court records or are they sealed?
9/8/2008
Ellen, Attorney

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

You can go to the Clerk of the Bankruptcy Court's office to review the bankruptcy petition that was filed. On the petition you will find the names and addresses of the creditors that forced the debtor into the involuntary bankruptcy. Also on the petition will be a schedule of all creditors along with the amounts they are owed and their addresses. You can have copies made of the petition for a small fee to the Clerk.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Ellen, Attorney
I do not know what I was thinking. I would assume you have access to PACER or some of the other things like Weslaw can you get that information for me for a fee?
Thanks
Robin
PS I already paid

I would be happy to assist you. However, I cannot get the information on either PACER or Westlaw. The only way that I know to obtain the info is to either call and order a copy or go to the courthouse and get it. The latter is typically easier.

Thank you for the accept. Please let me know if I can assist with anything else.
I hate going to the courthouse!!! Oh well I tried!
Ellen, Attorney