Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

i filed bankruptcy chaper 13 10yrs ago i have all titles

i filed bankruptcy chaper 13    10yrs ago i have all titles , my mobile home title except the deed to my land sept 2009 i will be on my land 20yrs i call my lawer an he told me to contact her. but when we last talk years ago it was not nice. so what do i do about getting my deed to my land. i,m in KINSTON N.C. she is paying the taxes i already check at the courthouse thanks pam
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

Please clarify the following: who is "her"? Trustee? Other?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my trustee is richard stearns the lady i was buying my land from is polly everett she did not come to court.
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.
Are you stating that Polly held the mortgage, you paid the mortgage and now she will not release the lien?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes polly holds the deed to my land its been paid thru bankruptcy the only thing i have is the contract and she has not come fourth with the deed
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your information.

Since Polly has not released your deed and you have paid in full, you can consider filing an action against Polly to compel her to deliver the deed. Since Polly is currently paying the taxes, I suspect that Polly may be attempting to assert a claim to your property.

You may need to retain a local attorney to assist you in this action.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,

FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE