Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

can I file for chapter 13 bankcruptcy after my chapter 7 has been discharge

Customer Question
we filed for chapter 7...
we filed for chapter 7 and all unsecured debts has been discharge now my house is in the process in being sold at an auction. I would like to file for chapter 13 to do a repayment plan.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
9/3/2008
Bankruptcy Lawyer: VanDLaw, Attorney replied 9 years ago
VanDLaw
VanDLaw, Attorney

HelloCustomer

You would be able to file for a Chapter 13 if you received your Chapter 7 discharge more than four (4) years ago. The timeframe is calculated from the date of discharge to the date of filing the new petition. I

n order to take a Chapter 13 there are two general requirements you must have:

• stable income
  • ability to commit to long term (up to five years) financial plan
  • Ask Your Own Bankruptcy Law Question
    <p> </p><p>it didn't answer my questions...my question is after a discharge on bancruptcy chapter 7 can I immediately file for a chapter 13 bancruptcy? like right away>.   </p>
    VanDLaw
    VanDLaw
    VanDLaw, Attorney