Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Client cleaned in ruinously expensive lawsuit before she ...

Client cleaned in ruinously expensive lawsuit before she came to me. Now being sued for $30,000 Court costs and winning lawyer''s fees. Already in process of selling several small properties short, including her home. I''m counseling her to consider bankruptcy. Her home is in Virginia
Thank you for the information. What is your question?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm not a bankruptcy lawyer, but I'm beginning to believe her best solution would be bankruptcy. Should I refer her to an expert in the field? Thank you.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

Based only on the information contained in your post, your client may be a good candidate for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

In a Chapter 7 bankruptcy most debts are discharged (forgiven). This would mean that your client could walk away from her properties without recourse of a deficiency judgment.

I hope that this has fully answered your question, however if it did not, please post me back.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please hit ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonuses and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE