How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Girl Your Own Question
Law Girl
Law Girl, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 4606
Experience:  I am an attorney.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Law Girl is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i received an income execution service on a ...

Resolved Question:

i received an income execution service on a judgement with treat of garnishment.this will cause great financial .what are my options ?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 9 years ago.


If a judgment has been taken against you, the creditor may very well have the ability to garnish your wages. Your only option may be to consult with a consumer law attorney about whether this is a judgment that can be attacked for any reason and whether the amount that is being garnished is in accordance with your state law.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!

Law Girl and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
will there be an additional cost for another realed to the first?
Expert:  Law Girl replied 9 years ago.
No. Please feel free to ask it, especially if it clarifies the first question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
this debt was for repairs done to an investment property which has since been foreclose.
Expert:  Law Girl replied 9 years ago.
Are you trying to find out whether you owe for repairs evne though the property was foreclosed upon?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
yes and what action would you advise.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
by advise i mean would the consumer law attorney be the right attorney?
Expert:  Law Girl replied 9 years ago.

Generally, if you incurred the debt, you are responsible for it even if the property was foreclosed. The answer to your question is two fold. First you need an attorney who get try to do something about the judgment and wage garnishment. If the judgment is vacated, then you will need to fight the underlying case. (Keep in mind that not knowing all the facts of your situation, I am not sure if the judgment can be vacated.) This is best done by a consumer law attorney or a civil law attorney. If the judgment is vacated, step two is fighting the underlying debt. This is where you may require the skills of a real estate attorney. Your best bet may be to look for an attorney who has a background in real estate, consumer law and civil litigation. (Depending on the whether there is room to argue whether you owe on the debt, you may not even require a real estate attorney.)