Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Can a collections agency take money from my bank

Can a collections agency take money from my bank acct once they get a judgment agints me? In WV?

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

A creditor in WV must first file suit and obtain a judgment. After reducing the claim to judgment, a creditor can attach money in a bank account.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please hit ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonuses and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can they take my dogs? they treat to since I show them and breed once in a while. I am on SSI and have no money to pay the debt since I got divorced. My house has no equity and they have threat to take that as well.

Your SSI is exempt from your creditor's claims. They likely cannot take your dogs or your house.

My suggestion is to write to them and demand that they stop contacting you. They are likely trying to use scare tactics to obtain payment.

If they file suit against you, you can consider bankruptcy or another alternative at that time.

I hope that this helps.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit - Bonus = job well done.