Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

If someone in Nevada owes me money ( over

If someone in Nevada owes me money ( over $10,000) and does not pay can I get a court order to garnish the persons bank account. I have an unsecured not that is notorized and witness by two accountable persons?? Please advise?

You would need to reduce your claim to judgment prior to garnishing the bank account.

To do this, you will need to bring a
breach of contract action against the person.

Typically you would be entitled to recover the costs of filing suit and the monies owed.

To keep your action under the $5,000. small claims cap in Nevada, you may bring your action to collect on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis after payment is due.

The process to file the small claim action is very streamlined. Simply go to the court clerk's office, fill out the form and pay the fee for filing and service. The clerk can assist you.

If you have any additional questions that you would like me to assist you with, you can start your question off with: This question is for FLANDNYLAWYER.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit - Bonus = job well done.

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE