How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask VanDLaw Your Own Question
VanDLaw, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 833
Experience:  Chapter 7 & 13
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
VanDLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like only to know what is the first thing I

Customer Question

I would like only to know what is the first thing I need to do to talk to a lawyer or call a broker or a bank , my lender that I can not pay no more my mortgage payment on my house? Is this free consultation because I don''t have money to pay you thanks.
what happen on my credits cards and on husband . What will happen on my disability. I am a kidney transplant and not working for six years already. Since my disability , We have a problem already on our mortgage payment thus why I always refinance and now my mortgage become higher and higher and I even owe money to credit just to pay my mortgage. And one of my credit card that I misplace it and found it later within two weeks become 26% interest from promotional interest which is less than 5%. I always pay them on time . Please help me
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  VanDLaw replied 9 years ago.


Based on the situation you described I would seek a consultation from a bankruptcy attorney in your area. Many, many attorneys provide a free bankruptcy consultation. Explain to them your current situation and they will be able to go over all your options and provide you with the best option that fits your needs.

You can also call the mortgage company and explain to them your situation, they may be able to provide you with a "hardship" reduction in interest or deferred payments. Make sure you mention your disability, and see if the mortgage company offers any relief to you as far as payments.