Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy in california in April 2008, I ...

I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy in california in April 2008, I do not have a lawyer. I have a home I am only 90 days pass due. I want to keep my home and I want to make arrangements. I received a motion for relief from the automatic stay from my loan company. What are my options to keep my home?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 9 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

You may want to consider contacting the lender to arrange a plan to reinstate the mortgage.

If the lender is not agreeable, you can file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

A Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a reorganization of an individual's debts. The Chapter 13 plan will need to be approved by the bankruptcy court.

Once the plan is approved, the lender is legally obligated to accept it. You should be receiving your Chapter 7 discharge any day. Once your Chapter 7 is discharged you can file your Chapter 13 if the lender is unwilling to work with you.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLANDNYLAWYER

Please hit ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonuses and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE