How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask VanDLaw Your Own Question
VanDLaw, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 833
Experience:  Chapter 7 & 13
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
VanDLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is needing to file bankruptcy here in the state ...

Customer Question

My daughter is needing to file bankruptcy here in the state of Oklahoma. I need to know information or need an inexpensive attorney to do this for her. Please help.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  VanDLaw replied 9 years ago.


Your daughter needs to file bankruptcy in the State she resides in. She can file bankruptcy without an attorney but it is a very complicated process, so if she can at all afford it, try and use an attorney.

Here are two attorney's in Enid that you may want to contact with additional questions or a consultation:

Gungoll, Jackson, Collins, Box & Devoll, P.C.

Mitchell & DeClerck, P.L.L.C.


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to VanDLaw's Post: Hi - I am basically looking for an Oklahoma attorney who would take her case for a reasonable cost. I know how to call a local attorney and be charged $750+ for a simple bankruptcy, which she has.

Expert:  VanDLaw replied 9 years ago.


I understand what you are looking for now, however this service does not allow us to retain clients, or contact attorneys. We can only simply put you in touch with a way to find them. I will note however, that in Florida the beginning average retainer for a simple Chapter 7, begins at $1200-1500, and then the $299 filing fee is added on top. So if you are getting quotes for 750.00 that is a reasonable cost.

If you are not satisfied or do not think you were helped, Please do not hit the "accept". I can also "opt out" and see if someone else can help you. Just let me know.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Yes, please opt out and I'll see what other advice I can find.

Thank you for your comment.

Expert:  VanDLaw replied 9 years ago.
Ok I have opted out and sent the question to another expert. Hopefully they can help you. Good luck to you.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you.