How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband recently filed a Chapter 7 and the 341 meeting ...

Resolved Question:

My husband recently filed a Chapter 7 and the 341 meeting is scheduled for mid August. He now wants to reaffirm a debt he originally was going to surrender. Is this a problem and how do we proceed?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 years ago.

You will have to work with the creditor to file a reaffirmation agreement. The form can be found at this link:

Just fill out the forms and file it with the court. A hearing date will be set and you will be allowed to re-affirm the debt.

Roger and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you