How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 12365
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to a written answer and to show proof of service ...

Resolved Question:

I need to provide a written answer and to show proof of service with the deputy clerk of the Superior Court in the Chancery Division of the New Jersey court. What should my answer say in addition to providing a copy of proof of service?

The issue is a Complaint to Foreclosure Association Dues Lien
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 9 years ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to address your legal question.

An Answer needs to admit or deny the allegations set forth in the Complaint. For example, if the Complaint states something like:

  1. Defendant is obligated to pay HOA dues pursuant to the bylaws
  2. Defendant is in arrears for a total of $200.

Then your Answer would either admit or deny that allegation like so:

  1. The Defendant admits the allegation in Count 1 of the Complaint.
  2. The Defendant denies the allegation in Count 2 of the Complaint.

In general, the Answer should look similar to the Complaint. You must also assert certain types of defenses in the Answer, or you will lose them forever (such as statute of limitations).

If the information that I provided was helpful, please remember to ACCEPT my post as that is the only way I will receive credit and compensation for my answer. However, please understand that my answer is meant for informational purposes only and is limited by the facts presented. Therefore, it should not be construed as “legal advice” and is not an adequate substitute for the retention of legal counsel. Thank you and good luck!

TJ, Esq. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you