How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Girl Your Own Question
Law Girl
Law Girl, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 4606
Experience:  I am an attorney.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Law Girl is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we have entered into an agreement with with of the debt ...

Resolved Question:

we have entered into an agreement with with of the debt reduction companies and now are being sued for failure to pay, the credit cards are going to get their money its just going to take some time. What can we do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 9 years ago.


Thank you for your question.

Unless you can get the debt reduction company to renegotiate with the credit card company, there is probably nothing that can be done. At this point it is unlikely that the credit card company will settle with you because they have no obligation to settle. It is in their best interests to obtain a judgment against you which can be enforced in more ways than a mere debt.

I am sorry.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!



Law Girl and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you