How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WA Bankruptcy Lawyer Your Own Question
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 25
Experience:  30 years practice. Author of several articles.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if go bankrupt do i have to loose my house

Resolved Question:

thinking of going bankrupt owe vat and tax pluss secered loans and not working
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WA Bankruptcy Lawyer replied 9 years ago.
What is the house worth
What are the secured debts
What are the taxes
What is VAT?

Without knowing that, this is just a guess. If there is substantial equity above the liens and the homestead, the trustee can sell the house.
If you cannot make the payments the lenders with liens on the house can foreclose.
It gets more complicated but the analysis starts with what is it worth and what is owed against it.
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you