How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WA Bankruptcy Lawyer Your Own Question
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 25
Experience:  30 years practice. Author of several articles.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

chapter 7 or 13

Customer Question

i own 2 homes that are going to go into foreclosure,do i need to file chapter 7 or 13..
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WA Bankruptcy Lawyer replied 9 years ago.
If you are going to try to save the houses, you need to file a 13. In a 7 the trustee will either sell or abandon them. In a 13 you have control.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to WA Bankruptcy Lawyer's Post: Im going lose both homes,to protect my income and any judgements do i file 7 or 13..thanks