How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WA Bankruptcy Lawyer Your Own Question
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 25
Experience:  30 years practice. Author of several articles.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i just received a wage garnishment and i have been trying ...

Customer Question

i just received a wage garnishment and i have been trying to file bandruptcy for over a year but cannot affor athe attorney fees. what do i do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WA Bankruptcy Lawyer replied 9 years ago.
You might see if the local bar association has a pro bono or low fee program. In some cases attoneys will take low fee cases if they are simple and can file them with another case.
I would call the local bar association or legal aid office and ask about low fee or pro bono representation.

The other alternatives are not good but you can file pro se or use a petition preparer. Of the 2 I would do it myself. At lease then you have a better chance of explaining any mistakes.

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions