Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

i just received a wage garnishment and i have been trying ...

Customer Question
i just received a wage...
i just received a wage garnishment and i have been trying to file bandruptcy for over a year but cannot affor athe attorney fees. what do i do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
5/31/2008
Bankruptcy Lawyer: WA Bankruptcy Lawyer, Attorney replied 9 years ago
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
You might see if the local bar association has a pro bono or low fee program. In some cases attoneys will take low fee cases if they are simple and can file them with another case.
I would call the local bar association or legal aid office and ask about low fee or pro bono representation.

The other alternatives are not good but you can file pro se or use a petition preparer. Of the 2 I would do it myself. At lease then you have a better chance of explaining any mistakes.

WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer, Attorney